The Village Centers Choir is open to any client at The Village Center. Members of the Villager Choir will experience and learn to appreciate a variety of musical styles, develop singing skills appropriate to choral singing to the best of each member's ability, enhance musical awareness, learn teamwork skills and appropriate performance etiquette, and serve as ambassadors for The Village Centers to the greater community through concerts.
- Choir members will follow classroom rules and be actively engaged in all choir activities as they are able.
- Regular attendance at rehearsal is vital to the success of the individual choir member as well as the group as a whole. All choir members must be able to regularly attend at least 50% of the rehearsals.
- Choir Practices are held on Mondays at noon.
The Village has partnered with Bloom Fitness, bringing structured fitness classes to our Day Program. Bloom Fitness has been partnering with other organizations since 2017 to provide meaningful fitness activities to the special needs communities, and assist in obtaining the equipment needed for them to excel. Along with benefiting the lives through engaging, meaningful workouts, Bloom Fitness also believes in giving credit where credit is due, and becoming a team.
Fitness and wellness classes are held weekly.
The Village Centers is thrilled to be re-introducing Community Outings into our programs. We are proud to offer safe and affordable opportunities for our clients to experience and feel included in the many fun and engaging activities available in our local community.
Current Monthly Outings:
- Bowling at Max Bowl*
- Houston Interactive Aquarium and Animal Preserve*
- Splash Pad
- Jesse H. Jones Park & Nature Center
*Additional fee is required to attend.